There is no place for complacency in the fight against the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). In this Course, learn about the global HIV situation and the role of healthcare professionals in stopping the spread of this disease.
- Define what HIV and AIDS are and explain how the virus works
- Explain the current national and international HIV situation
- Describe key principles in the prevention of HIV and AIDS
- Identify current and emerging treatment options for HIV and AIDS
The presenter and all members of the planning team have disclosed that they have no relevant financial commercial relationships to products or devices related to the content of this educational activity. Wherever possible, generic or non-proprietary names of medication have been used. Courses include expert peer reviews of the content where applicable.
- Video Recording Completed: 15/10/2014
- Video Recording Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Course First Published: 13/11/2017
- Course Reviewed: N/A
- Course Republished: N/A
- Course Expiry Date: 17/12/2017
- Corrections / changes made: N/A
This CPD/CNE activity will expire on 17/12/2017 after which CPD/CNE hours will not be valid.
James Bonello is a registered nurse with broad interests in sexual heath, chronic disease, sexuality and health promotion. James practices clinically as a sexual health nurse in metropolitan South Australia, is a member of the Australasian Society for HIV Medicine (ASHM), and a national board member of DEFGLIS, the network that supports and represents lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex Australian Defence Force personnel and their families. James is also an experienced health services trainer, an emergency nurse practicing in a major public trauma centre, and a Nursing Officer in the Australian Army Active Reserve. He was awarded a HESTA Australian nursing award in 2010. James is involved in many aspects of nursing, health policy, advocacy, and research.